Donating to charity is proven to make you feel good and we all need a feel-good vibe in our lives! Here are five reasons why you should donate this Christmas:
- Donating is a major mood-booster. Research has identified a link between donating to charity and increased activity in the area of the brain that registers pleasure. It really is better to give than to receive.
- Giving strengthens personal values. Having the power to improve the lives of others is, to many people, a privilege. Giving is a great way to reinforce your own personal values and helps you to live in a way that is true to your own ethical beliefs.
- Giving is more impactful than ever. If you’re a UK taxpayer, you can boost the amount of every donation you make by completing a Gift Aid form. Giving via PayPal automatically adds Gift Aid. If you donate via cheque or bank transfer, you can download our Gift Aid form here – https://www.friendsofrosie.co.uk/donate/
- Donating teaches your children the importance of generosity. Giving to charity shows your children, from a young age, that they can make positive changes in the world. Children naturally love to help others and you can help nurture this innate generosity. Let you children help to choose a family charity and have a family donation box.
- Supporting charity inspires others. Sharing your own charitable giving with family and friends can inspire them to also give to causes important to them. It helps to create shared goals and bolster relationships.
[Research from the Charities Aid Foundation]
Instead of giving a gift or sending cards this Christmas, please consider donating to Friends of Rosie and help us fund more vital childhood cancer research.
Be the difference. Donate this Christmas.
[Donations of £20 or more will be sent a printed ‘I’ve donated instead of a giving a gift’ card and envelope to send on to your intended recipient. E-cards will be sent to everyone who donates. If you donate via PayPal we will be informed automatically of your donation and will contact you to arrange issue of a printed card or e-card. If you donate via bank transfer or cheque, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and will send a printed card or e-card to you. Please take into account Royal Mail Christmas posting dates.]